The extension project started in 2010 with the dredging of the bottom sediments on the future loading place and with entrance channel modifications. The filling of the dredged extension area with broken rock was also started and at the end of 2010 the filling continued from the land.
During the 2011 and 2012 the project continued onto pier construction, mainly to the east side and to Jätkänsaarenlaituri.
The dredging continued at the west side in 2013 and the filling was firstly done with a barge and then continued from the land.
The rest of the pier structures on the west side will be constructed during 2014 and 2015.
Developer’s personnel have been a part of the construction and supervision since planning of the first dredging. Our representative has functioned as the construction safety coordinator.
Project in numbers:
- Approximately 60,000 m3 of of polluted sediments dredged and transported into a temporary basin
- Approximately 1,000,000 m3 of silt and clay dredged and levelled
- Approximately 170,000 m3 of underwater rock mined and dredged, and extension area filled
- Approximately 350 meters of supported piers, including the structures of a back gate
- Approximately 500 meters of pier will be built during 2014 and 2015 and an additional back gate to the west side. We are also included in the preparations of this stage